Friday, November 9, 2012

Dedication Building...

Today I think I have moved into a new place mentally and physically. I have rented an office space...yes, personal validation that I could be a writer! A smokin' deal at $125 per month with WiFi access. This is a place that I found out about after the other place, but I digress.


So this morning while I was thinking about my day and planning when I would be painting my new office space and I was also wondering when I would do my 21 minutes. Snow is expected and even as I write this it's now raining again.



Then I thought: I should do my 21 minutes first, even though it's nasty out. Wow, now that is a change. The process is starting to feed me. Today is day three of my training for the week and my goal was to do all three days and not whanny out. I did it!




So a few pictures from my walk. I just made it back, it's really raining now. My finger with the stormy sky above Goldwater Lake. Sadie, my happy dog. I decided I need to start training her to be on a leash with me, so that on those dark cold mornings I can take her with me and I won't be afraid. Usually we take a hike in the Prescott National Forest and she is off-leash beyond our backyard. Since she is just over two she really has the energy for running. I think she will be a big incentive on the coming cold mornings of long training.


And finally me in front of our new porch, which is in the process of getting painted. See the scary steps from before and now the lovely porch. Life is really quite wonderful.

The other thing that is so cool about today: I blogged right after I did the 21 minutes and now I am heading to my office (to paint it). Next week I plan to be writing in my office. Other good stuff: I found and wore a pair of running pants that I had bought for my marathon process nine years ago. One less thing I need. Life is good.


Awakening Joy quote: Mindfulness is the art of appreciating the moment just as it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment